Friendster
Your Ad Here

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Goldberg and Stone Cold's "One Last Match"

   Two of the WWE's most beloved character, Goldberg and Stone Cold Steve Austin, hinted their return to the squared circle but didn't promise when or where, or even it's assurance.


   Goldberg, was last seen on a WWE ring 6 years ago when he defeated the current UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar in an inter-promotional at Wrestlemania XX. He stated on his Twitter account last week that "BTW..my desire to return to the wrestling world in any capacity is based on the fact that if I continue to let my issues with the business stand in the way, I'd be very selfish. Times have changed and I don't work for people anymore.....I work with them. I control my destiny. Depriving the fans and my family would be a shame." . He followed that up in an interview with ESPN.com, he said that he's open to wrestling one last match at Wrestlemania XXVII at his hometown Atlanta, Georgia next year. "It's not something that I'm seeking out to do at 43 years old. But you know, WrestleMania is next year in Atlanta. Hulk Hogan and I put 43,000 people in the Georgia Dome with three days notice. I've got a fairly big following in Atlanta," Goldberg said. "Is it out of the realm of possibility? I'd say no."


   While Steve Austin, seen occasionally on PPV events as special referee besides doing movies, said on an interview with Ottawa Sun that he has "absolutely" one last match left in him. "Do I have a match left in me? Absolutely. Do I want to do one more? I don't know. I'm very content with leaving well enough alone. I don't want to be 90% of what Stone Cold was."

0 comments:

 
Free Hit Counter