Friendster
Your Ad Here

Monday, May 3, 2010

Marquez - Diaz Rematch Announced

   The 2009 Fight of the Year will try to live up to it's reputation again this year as Juan Manuel "Dinamita" Marquez will square up against Juan Diaz in a rematch for the WBO and WBA lightweight titles at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas on July 31.
    “A lot of people are saying this is a must-win fight for me,” said Diaz. “But I don’t see it that way. I see it as redemption. This fight has been in the back of my head and I’m going to pick up where I left off – the ninth round.

   “There are two reasons to fight Juan Diaz again,” said Marquez. “Number one: He’s a great fighter deserves a rematch. No. 2: People want to see this kind of fight. Last year it was Fight of the Year. Maybe, now in 2010, it will be it again.

0 comments:

 
Free Hit Counter