Friendster
Your Ad Here

Monday, August 30, 2010

Margarito Says He'll Beat Pacquiao, Calls De La Hoya Out

   "Margarito has the strength, the power, he's hungry to be the best and prove everybody wrong. He's the bigger man."

   Those were the words that came out from Antonio Margarito's trainer, Roberto Garcia during an interview with Dennis Guillermo of The Examiner for his fighter's bout against Manny Pacquiao. "I honestly see a very big chance of us pulling it out." he added. With his fighter already busy training and conditioning himself for their scheduled fight on Nov. 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, Garcia is also busy watching Pacquiao tapes everyday to study the Filipino's boxing moves.

   Meanwhile, Margarito has expressed himself towards to another fighter, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya during an interview in TV Azteca. "I don't know what he has against me, I really don't understand. what I do know is he had a big influence in California State Athletic Commission with everything he said against me. I am upset because he talked too much and said some nasty things and he has a shady past himself that most of us know about".

  "I hope he takes off the fishnet, stop acting like a sissy and fight me. If you have something against me, then get in the ring and fight me." Margarito says towards De La Hoya. "I will knock Pacquiao out and show the world that I am back. this the fight of my life and Manny will be in for a tough night. I won't quit like De La Hoya did." he added.


(TheBloggerSays: There is no doubt about Antonio's conditioning. Training this early while Manny is not yet, he will surely get in his fighting form before the bout. But will that be enough? His fight against Roberto Garcia didn't convince me that he's really that good. But prior to his hand wrap controversy, he did. I just hope that we'll see the old Margarito back to give us a explosive showing.)


0 comments:

 
Free Hit Counter